Job (this posting is now closed/inactive)
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
HVAC/R Facilities Engineer
Austin, TX 73301 United States
Excellent compensation and benefits!
Job Title: HVAC/R Facilities Engineer FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Area: Facilities Reports to: Facility Manager
Position Summary: Assist Facility Manager in managing mechanical system assets to insure all systems operate to the highest standards. Perform all aspects of indoor and outdoor facility maintenance and service to the highest aesthetic and performance standards. Coordinate and manage contract support services to assist with same. Assist Facility Manager to achieve the goal of maintaining the physical buildings and improvements to the highest aesthetic and performance standards
General Purpose: Facility HVAC/R, Plumbing, & Mechanical Systems Management along with General Facilities responsibilities
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
• Partner with Facility Manager to meet facility operation objectives
• Partner with team members to provide facility support
• Manage HVAC/R, plumbing, & associated mechanical system assets / oversee contracts and contractors to meet objectives
• Assist Facility Manager to achieve the highest level of service, detail and performance standards – with a focus in mechanical systems management in a commercial grade building environment.
• Manage, coordinate and perform all mechanical aspects of indoor/outdoor maintenance and service on HVAC/R, plumbing, and associated mechanical equipment.
• Responsible for the management of all water quality use and consumption.
• Responsible for managing/maintaining predictive and corrective maintenance schedule of work for all mechanical equipment.
• Liaison to the Facilities Manager while providing direction to all involved parties regarding budget preparation, program changes, goal establishments and short/long range planning on assigned programs and projects.
• Oversee contractor process; proposals, project/plan design, project work/completion, relationship management, safety, etc.…
• Understand and prepare technical documentation needed for facility projects as required.
• Ensure quality issues are identified and reported to the appropriate department and are rectified.
• Participate in an on-call rotation that requires immediate response to facility related needs.
• Adhere to and ensure compliance with all relevant OSHA safety regulations for all facility personnel.
• Maintain real-time asset tracking of all HVAC/R, plumbing, and associated equipment.
• Perform Quality Assurance & Quality Control measure on all assigned taskings.
Essential skills and experience:
• College degree preferred or 10-year minimum experience
• HVAC/R Craftsman level technician and manager with knowledge in hydronic and air balancing, vibration elimination, plumbing, retrofitting, load calculations, new construction, hydraulics, BAS / BMS control systems, open and closed loop systems, cooling towers, chillers, pumps, boilers, water heaters, heat exchangers, humidification, dehumidification, air quality, elevators, potable and non-potable water quality, waste water, swimming pools, and all other equipment associated within a commercial grade building environment.
• Quality Assurance / Quality Control knowledge and application
• Project / Program Management knowledge and application
• Expert in contractor & vendor management
• Advanced problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to identify operational improvements and follow through with recommended actions
• Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Extensive knowledge of a BAS / BMS, and CMMS while understanding the capabilities one can achieve with each
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; positive attitude
• Expert in researching, purchasing, and receiving supplies and services
• Ability to maintain purchase/work order requests while reconciling statements
• Excellent time management skills; ability to organize and manage multiple projects with available resources
• Ability to maintain the highest level of strict confidentiality and professionalism
• Ability to adhere to local, state, and county rules and regulations concerning this position
• Possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• A comprehensive background investigation will be required if you are offered a position with our client
• Universal EPA Refrigerant Certification
Valued but not required skills and experience:
• Quality Assurance / Quality Control Certification
• Water Quality Certification
• Project Management Certification
• Facility Management Certification
• Private estate / hotel / hospitality / museum experience helpful