Job: Estate Manager / Chief of Staff, Jericho, NYC, Southampton, NY
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Estate Manager / Chief of Staff
Jericho, NYC, Southampton, NY 11590 United States
EM-17 : Hire Society
$80,000 - $120,000 per year; potential for discretionary annual performance-based bonus; medical benefits
All salaries are Dependent On Experience and References, and all candidates must be willing to submit themselves for Federal Background Check
Full benefits package effective after 90 days, 2 weeks vacation
Private family seeks a professional Estate Manager to oversee multiple residences on the east coast as well as manage a domestic staff of 15+ employees as well as multiple vendors. Effective communication, decision-making, and management skills are required as this role has many moving parts. The properties are in Manhattan, Long Island, Southampton and Palm Beach with the role primarily being based out of family office located in Western Long Island. Flexibility to travel to the additional residences on a semi-regular basis is expected.
Availability 24/7 to address pressing needs is required although the actual hours are very flexible and allow for an excellent work/life balance. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to create a schedule that works best for them while efficiently accomplishing all tasks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Managing, scheduling, overseeing, hiring, terminating and training domestic staff
• Creating and maintaining domestic budget; negotiating contracts and vendor rates
• Implementing new estate-wide systems including but not limited to, operating manuals, day-to-day punch lists, household supply lists, etc.
• Strong bookkeeping / accounting skills with the ability to formulate and adhere to budgets; negotiating vendor contracts
• Demonstrating a hands-on approach to home upkeep
• Maintaining residences for guest readiness at all times
• Managing all vendor and contract relationships and overseeing all deliveries and general maintenance of the residence
• Pet caring is a key part of the daily job: two cats
• Stocking procurement, minor grocery shopping, running errands, limited personal shopping for principals
• Running errands and carrying out special requests as needed
• Any and all additional Estate Manager / Chief of Staff responsibilities as they arise and upon request
• Strong command of English language; superior communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent references required from both current and previous employers
• Minimum 5 – 7+ years related experience working as an Estate Manager
• Knowledge & experience of HR practices; sourcing training, on-boarding, scheduling and managing a staff REQUIRED
• Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; proactive with an above and beyond attitude; dedication to the service and success of the principals
• Adept in the use of smart home technology, specific use with Lutron a plus; expert in Mac operating systems
• Experience performing minor accounting related tasks; keeping track of finances, bills, receivables via accounting software
• Detail oriented with meticulous organization, task management and communication skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
• Legally able to work for any employer in the United States
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?