Position: Executive/Personal Assistant to CEO
Location: New York City (Midtown East)
This candidate will provide first class executive and personal assistance to the CEO in his family office which is focused on business, investments, philanthropic and progressive political endeavors working in a fast paced and dynamic, small office environment with significant interaction with high level VIPs in the business, arts/education and political communities. The position requires the ability to anticipate next steps, think creatively, be innovative, solve problems and take a broad perspective in order to make the CEO’s life easier. The successful candidate must be highly intelligent, dynamic, tech savvy, confident, anticipatory, a multi-tasker, exceptionally well-organized, resourceful and service-hearted.
The essential functions are:
• Manage and optimize calendar – Microsoft Office Outlook. This is of the utmost importance and requires extreme attention to detail and follow up skills as well as high level of understanding of context of meetings and profile of attendees in order to schedule appropriately. Calendar personal appointments in addition to business meetings and telephone calls.
• Ensure accurate communication of schedule at all times in addition to daily review of upcoming schedule at end of each work day and coordination of schedule with spouse’s assistant and driver when needed.
• Feel confident in asking questions when you are not sure or don’t know
• Coordinate all travel, both domestic and international, ensuring ease, efficiency, and operational connectivity throughout
• Take initiative to plan in advance of travel and ask appropriate questions to properly accommodate needs and be accessible as needed when CEO travels occasionally to other time zones
• Be knowledgeable of and current about new restaurants, hotels, travel plans, events, etc.
• Creatively research various initiatives whether charitable, political or business-related for the CEO and prepare high level profiles of meeting attendees using tech savvy skills
• Handle miscellaneous items in the office including ordering lunch, stocking beverages, greeting visitors, etc.
• Set up conference rooms for meetings, arrange for refreshments and clear room after meetings
• Manage personal projects such as tracking and submitting medical claim reimbursements; preparing expense reports; holiday card list; etc.
• Coordinate and oversee IT needs for CEO and personal residences including maintaining schedule of all personal IT devices and vendors
• Coordinate and manage events, lunches and dinners for various business, charitable and politically related events
• Develop strong rapport with team members while demonstrating flexibility and willingness to assist co-workers at all times
• Order office supplies, make sure all office equipment is fully functional at all times and provide general administrative support such as overnight mailings, copying, etc.
• Be willing to help with personal tasks that could include gift buying, wrapping and occasional errands.
• Bachelor’s degree and seven to ten years’ related experience working with high profile executive required
• Personal Assistant experience strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise independent/sound judgment
• Tech savvy skills for personal and business research
• In-depth knowledge and proficiency of MS Office, Apple products, Adobe, Dropbox and Skype/Google Hangouts, strongly preferred
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; excellent people and project management skills
• Acute attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities
• Excellent ability to prioritize work
• Excellent planning, time-management, and organizational skills –fast-paced environment
• Able to handle sensitive information with a high degree of confidentiality
• Ability to work full-time Monday-Friday 9AM-7PM and be available via email after hours/weekends in order to respond to any occasional time sensitive items.
Salary: $110,000 - $140,000 – DOE
Benefits: Medical and Dental
Locals Only with 5 years of related experience in hedge fund/private equity/family office world is strongly preferred!
You might be a fit if you are…
Intelligent & Quick Thinking
Mature, Honest, Loyal, Discreet & Builds Trust
Interested in the arts, service learning projects and progressive politics
Self-Driven to Achieve Results & Stretch Goals
Always Helpful & Delivers Solution-Oriented Results
Absolutely Responsive with Accountable Ownership