Job: Nanny, Spanish-Speaking, Live-In (Upper East Side), New York, NY
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Nanny, Spanish-Speaking, Live-In (Upper East Side)
New York, NY 10065 United States
$55,000 - $60,000 with benefits package
Private Family seeks experienced and highly active Nanny to assist with the care of their 5 year old boy and girl twins. The successful candidate will have impeccable references and previous New York City experience. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide all aspects of childcare while creating a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment
• Taking children to and from school, appointments, lessons, and other activities
• Preparing healthy meals for family; includes weekly menu planning
• Planning educational and recreational activities; the children are extremely active and the successful candidate must be capable of keeping up with them
• Tutoring the children in the Spanish language
• Safety and hygiene of children; includes bathing, brushing teeth, styling hair, picking out clothing, etc.
• Light cleaning, care, and laundry of the residence; mostly cleaning up after the children (there is a separate housekeeper)
• Conducting inventory and procuring household supplies as needed
• Running errands and managing special requests
This is a full-time, live-in position. Typical schedule will be from either Sundays 6:30pm – Fridays 6:30pm, or Mondays 6:30am – Fridays 6:30pm. The position includes holidays off and 2 weeks paid vacation.
The successful candidate will be provided the largest bedroom in the residence with their own bathroom. The family will cover all food costs during the week and will be able to request specific groceries to be added to the shopping list. There is a small gym in the building that the successful candidate can utilize. The children will spend most of their summers in camp and will start Kindergarten in the fall, so although it is a demanding position, there will be downtime during the days.
• Excellent references required from current and previous employers
• 4-year degree in Early Childhood Education or related field a big plus
• Minimum 5 years related work experience in a private home as Nanny
• Previous experience working in New York City with familiarity of the area
• Previous experience caring for multiple children of the same age range simultaneously
• Certified in CPR and First Aid, infant, child and adult is a major plus
• Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
• Fluency in Spanish a huge plus
• Loyal and dedicated; family is looking for a long-term nanny (previous nanny was with them for 5 years)
• Loving and kind personality; ability to bond with children
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must be detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
• Basic cooking skills with ability to follow a recipe
• Good swimming abilities
• Flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the family
• Valid passport with availability to travel
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record a plus
• US work authorization
295 Madison Avenue, 16th Floor
New York NY 10017
Tel: (646) 681 4780
Agency DCA License #2008231
Due to the volume of employment applications received, Society Staffing is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate. Please be advised that the first round of our interview process involves a direct meeting at our Manhattan offices for all positions located in the tri-state area.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?