Executive Couple with a large estate in Delray Beach, FL seeks to hire an experienced hands-on Estate Caretaker to handle daily maintenance, repairs, and upkeep for their oceanfront property. This is a full-time year-round position. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked on a private estate or luxury hospitality properties for a minimum of five years and who has broad knowledge of property care, systems, and maintenance. The Estate Caretaker will join an existing property team and work under the direction of the Estate Manager to supervise vendors, will follow and continue to develop a property upkeep plan, and will handle various projects.
Primary responsibilities for this position will include:
• Daily walkthroughs of the property to perform minor repairs, note potential issues, and check on systems and infrastructure
• Performing hands-on maintenance of the property, such as painting, electrical troubleshooting, changing lights, cleaning furniture, power-washing, etc.
• Supervise and work with a large number of trusted vendors at the property; the Estate Caretaker should know what repairs can be handled in-house and when to call an expert for a specialty or particular matter
• A range of additional household, cleaning, vehicle maintenance, and exterior upkeep responsibilities, as needed
• Help maintain property vehicles; fuel, schedule maintenance, polish, detail, etc.
The successful candidate will have great communication skills, proven experience in a similar position, and will work well both independently and as part of a team. Must be comfortable working in a home with a large friendly dog. Basic proficiency with computers and the ability to learn new skills and processes also needed.
Generally a Monday through Friday schedule, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, year-round; some flexibility needed. Competitive compensation offered, depending on experience. For consideration, please apply for position #744 at www.mahlermatch.com. Qualified applicants will be contacted; immediate interviews are available.