Job: Private Chef, New York City, NY
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
New York City, NY 999999 United States
Salary: $125,000 - $145,000 per year; possible discretionary, performance based annual bonus
All salary offers are Depending On Experience, References, and the results of Federal Background Report.
Benefits: Full, non-contributory benefits package, effective after 90 days; 2 weeks paid vacation
Private Upper East Side family is seeking to hire a creative, discreet, and professional Private Chef to assist with all aspects of their daily culinary needs. This is a full-time, five-day flex, approximately 10:00am to 8:30pm with need for overriding flexibility with regards to hours and scheduling. This position will require to prepare and cook Lunch and Dinner for the family of six as well as the household staff. The ideal candidate will be a genuine team player with the ability to work alongside the Lead Private Chef and follow directions. This position requires to be well-versed in various dietary restrictions and lifestyle diets as the family’s preferences will change throughout the year. This position will require 50% of international and domestic travelling to the family’s secondary residences.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Creating fresh seasonal, farm-to-table cuisine on a five-day basis while respecting dietary restrictions
• Preparing and cooking Lunch and Dinners for the family and staff
• Conducting grocery shopping; overseeing kitchen inventory
• Ongoing sourcing of healthy food techniques, local farm to table purveyors
• Sanitizing and cleaning the kitchen after each session
• Preparing healthy and fun child-friendly meals
• Collaborating and working alongside with primary chef to consistent high-quality meals
• Organizing the kitchen; ensuring pantry is stocked at all times
• Transitioning into additional roles as need arises
• Strong command of English language; outstanding writing and verbal skills
• Culinary degree from accredited school PREFERRED
• Minimum 2 -5+ years related experience working in a similar role for a High-Profile family
• Excellent references required from both current and previous employers
• Exceptional knowledge in dietary restrictions, allergies, and lifestyle diets
• Positive attitude, thick-skinned, and able to remain calm under pressure
• Strong fresh, seasonal and health-conscious cooking skills; ability to replicate any dish
• Genuine team player; ability to work as part of a team and take directions
• Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; outstanding in multi-task management
• Computer and technology savvy with proficiency in both Mac and PC systems
• Comfortable preparing and cooking child-friendly meals
• Flexibility in scheduling; willingness to work long hours and overtime as needed
• Valid Driver’s License; confident driver with zero points on license
• Valid US Passport required; willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as needed
• Legally able to work within the United States
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?