Job: Private Chef, Toronto, Ontario
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Toronto, Ontario M5A 1M3 Canada
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Seeking an experienced Private Chef for a semi-formal residence in Toronto. The successful applicant will be required to prepare daily meals for the Principals and their guests. The typical work hours are 9am - 7pm, Monday through Friday. Applicants should be flexible with their schedules and be available for some weekend. This is a full-time, live-out position that works both out of the primary residence and the office.
• Daily cooking required for refined palates; must have knowledge of a variety of different cuisines and a willingness to learn
• Able to accommodate a variety of meal preferences, restrictions and diets as required
• Grocery shopping, knowledge of procuring fine, fresh ingredients
• Menu planning, track and keep records of menus to avoid repetition of meals
• Organizing food supply and kitchen inventory; tracking expenses
• Maintain a clean kitchen and workspace at all times
• Must have genuine curiosity, passion and dedication to the art of cooking
• Able to adapt to a variety of different palates
• A scientific approach to healthy cooking is an asset
• Excellent English communication skills and professional personal presentation, to courteously and professionally interact with principals, guests and staff
• Must maintain privacy and confidentiality at all times, exercising diplomacy, discretion and respecting appropriate boundaries
• A valid, clean Ontario driver’s licence (class G)
• A degree or diploma from an accredited culinary institution is an asset
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?