Job: Private Chef, New York, NY
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
New York, NY 999999 United States
Salary: $100,000-$150,000 per year; potential to earn an annual discretionary bonus. All salary offers are Depending On Experience, References, and the results of Federal Background Report
Benefits:Full non-contributory benefits package, effective after 90 days; 2 weeks paid vacation
Prominent family seeks a creative, confident & energetic Private Chef to manage the daily cooking, preparations, and serving from their primary residence. This position consists of a five-day workweek, preparing lunch and dinner with OVERRIDING flexibility for extended hours and travel to the family’s secondary residences as needed and upon request. During the year, this position would require traveling to Florida, Idaho and the Hamptons with the family, where accommodations would be provided. The ideal candidate will be comfortable preparing fresh, seasonal, organic meals with ability to replicate any dishes. This position requires working in an environment with pets, must love dogs!
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Creating fresh seasonal, farm-to-table cuisine on a five-day basis
• Working with the family’s Personal Assistant to coordinate weekly menus
• Overseeing all elements of hospitality, food and beverage service within the residence on a daily basis
• Personal shopping, running errands, and supply procurement
• Managing all food-related vendor and contractor relationships
• Managing food production for social/religious gatherings, philanthropic events, fundraisers, & additional private events
• Additional duties and responsibilities as needed and upon request
• Strong command of English language; superior communication skills, both written and verbal
• Culinary degree from accredited culinary school a STRONG PLUS
• Excellent references required from both current and previous employers
• Minimum 3-5+ years related experience working in a similar role for a private home or family
• Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; above and beyond attitude
• Flexibility in scheduling with willingness to work long hours and overtime as needed
• Strong fresh, seasonal and health-conscious cooking skills; ability to replicate any dish a strong plus
• Must be hygienically conscious; know how to properly handle food (i.e., no cross contaminating etc.)
• Must be able to fully manage kitchen cleaning, stocking, serving, maintenance, etc.
• Computer savvy with proficiency in both Mac and PC systems, including Office, Internet and email
• Comfortable working with medium sized dog
• Valid drivers license required; confident driver with zero points
• Valid passport; willingness to travel internationally per request
• Legally able to work in the United States
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?