Job: Housekeeper, Upper East Side, NY
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Upper East Side, NY 99999 United States
Salary: $25 – $30 per hour
Benefits: 2 weeks paid vacation
Prominent Upper East Side family seeks an experienced, independent, and hardworking Live-Out Housekeeper to assist with full-service cleaning in the home. This position consists of a Monday – Friday workweek from about 09:30AM to approximately 06:00PM. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working autonomously, have strong knowledge of laundry services in addition to primary housekeeping duties, and have a proactive attitude towards keeping the home in pristine order.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ability to perform museum-quality cleaning with proficiency in special surfaces (antiques, crystal, china, silver, brass, stone, marble, fabric/upholstery, artwork, and other specialty surfaces)
• All aspects of general housekeeping and deep cleaning of residence
• Grocery shopping for the family and residence; ensuring proper groceries are in stock at all times
• Washing, ironing, and folding linens, towels and clothing; managing items sent out for professional care
• Assisting with packing and unpacking for moving and travel; wardrobe maintenance and organization
• Management and organization of all closets, pantries, and storage areas
• Willingness to run routine errands such as doing laundry, dry cleaner, groceries etc.
• Additional Housekeeping duties as needed and requested by the family
• Strong command of English language; outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent references required from both current and previous employers
• Minimum 5 – 7+ years of experience working in a private home
• Comprehensive knowledge of deep household cleaning, laundry, ironing, and storage organization
• Experience with museum quality cleaning and care for: antiques, silver, fine art, etc.
• Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; willing and able to take direction well
• Flexibility in scheduling with willingness to work long hours, overtime as needed
• Polished, poised, and professional in both mindset and manner; use of utmost discretion at all times
• Legally able to work in the United States
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?