Job: Assistant Property Manager / Groundskeeper, East Setauket, NY
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Assistant Property Manager / Groundskeeper
East Setauket, NY 11773 United States
$65,000-$80,000; potential for annual discretionary bonus
All salaries are Dependent On Experience, References, and candidates must be comfortable submitting themselves for a Federal Background Check
Full non-contributory benefits effective after 90 days
Private Long Island family seeks an experienced Assistant Property Manager / Groundskeeper to assist in the daily management, upkeep and care of the exterior and grounds of their primary home near Stonybrook, NY. This position consists of a five-day workweek, Monday-Friday, roughly 8:00am – 4:00pm, with OVERRIDING flexibility for early or late hours as needed and requested. This individual will report directly to the Estate Manager. The ideal candidate is able to learn quickly and take direction well, as well as be a self-starter who DOES NOT need to be micromanaged. This is a fast-paced environment where the ability to prioritize and complete all tasks is most important.
The family dynamic is Mr., Mrs., and two school-aged children. Direct interaction with the family is part of the role and the ability to transition from outdoor to indoor responsibilities is also crucial to the position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Physically maintaining an expansive property with lawn care, garden maintenance, tennis court, pool, and other amenities
• Washing and detailing cars and maintenance equipment
• Light household repairs and maintenance
• Working with and collaborating with outside vendors to efficiently complete projects
• Reporting to estate’s Estate Manager to seamlessly carry out all aspects of landscape maintenance
• Additional landscaping and property maintenance responsibilities as needed and requested
• Strong command of English language; outstanding communication skills; including email and text
• Excellent references required from both current and previous employers
• Minimum 5+ years related domestic experience working in landscaping on large estates
• Experience working with gardens and landscape in a coastal environment
• Must be extremely well-versed in all aspects of landscape maintenance
• Experience managing vendors a MAJOR PLUS
• Ability to work as a team and take direction from residing Estate Manager
• Ability to actively perform all aspects of grounds keeping and property maintenance duties
• Experience in the hands-on application of lawn and garden treatments
• Must be physically able to preform duties such as planting, pruning, mowing, shoveling, etc.
• Knowledge of lawn equipment usage and maintenance
• Utmost discretion in all aspects of the job
• Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities in an ever-changing environment
• Flexibility with hours and scheduling; willing to work long hours and overtime as needed
• Valid Driver's License; confident driver with zero points on license
• Legally able to work in the United States
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?