Job: Laundress / Housekeeper, Seasonal to Permanent, Southampton, NY
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Laundress / Housekeeper, Seasonal to Permanent
Southampton, NY 11968 United States
HK-123 : Hire Society
$65,000 - $75,000 prorated per year; potential for annual discretionary bonus
All salaries are Dependent On Experience, References, and the results of a Federal Background Check
Private Upper East Side family seeks a dedicated and driven Laundress to manage the laundry, ironing, and items sent out for professional care as well as to assist with the overall cleaning and care of their secondary Southampton residence. This position is a Full Time Live-Out position, based in Southampton, NY, consisting of a five-day flexible schedule, roughly 9am – 6pm with a need for overriding flexibility, willingness to work long hours and overtime as needed. This position will begin as a seasonal role with the potential to extend past Labor Day for the right candidate. The ideal candidate is able and willing to travel with the family to additional residences or elsewhere.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Full charge Housekeeping throughout the residence on a daily basis including all rooms and bathrooms, with special attention to beds/bedrooms
• Changing sheets and towels multiple times per week
• Completing the family’s laundry including washing, pressing and ironing sheets, linens and clothing as necessary
• Maintaining tidy and orderly closets throughout residence; providing assistance with packing and unpacking for travel
• Overseeing staff, with scheduling and budgeting responsibilities
• Caring for the family’s dogs including walking, feeding, administering medication, etc.
• Fluent in English with exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Minimum 7 – 10+ years of related professional experience working in a private home as a Housekeeper
• Excellent references required from both current and previous employers
• Must be exceptional with laundry services and feel comfortable handling fine garments and laundry for the family; knowledge of sheet press, hand-washing garments, etc.
• Experience with museum quality cleaning and care for: antiques, silver, fine art, etc.
• Exceptional organization skills and multitask management
• Dedication to responsibilities; team player, above and beyond attitude
• Ability to seamlessly and cohesively work on a team of housekeepers
• Willingness and ability to work closely with the other domestic staff to coordinate and complete all household tasks
• Must be active, hungry and able to move about the home with ease and agility
• Willing and able to care for pets; family has 2 medium sized dogs in the home
• Valid Passport; willing and able to travel both domestically and abroad as needed and requested
• Valid Driver’s License; confident driver with zero points on license; OK to drive children
• Legally able to work in the United States
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?