Job: Live-Out Housekeeper / Cook, Locust Valley, NY
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Live-Out Housekeeper / Cook
Locust Valley, NY 11560 United States
HK-217 : Hire Society
$60,000-$70,000 per year
All salary offers are Depending On Experience, References, and the results of Federal Background Report
Potential for contributory benefits package, effective after 90 days of employment
Private Long Island based family seeks a Housekeeper / Cook to maintain their 8,000 square foot home and prepare, cook and serve meals for the principals and their children. This position consists of a five-day schedule, Wednesday through Sunday, with a rotating schedule as needed and requested by the client. This is a full-time, year-round, Live-Out position. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works at a quick pace. The family is casual and friendly but the candidate must be able to respect boundaries.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ability to perform museum-quality cleaning with proficiency in special surfaces (wood, glass, leather, furniture, antiques, silver, brass, etc.)
• Daily cleaning, care and upkeep of home; all aspects of general housekeeping
• Maintaining residence for guest readiness at all times
• Laundry services and dry cleaning management as needed
• Procuring household supplies; including grocery shopping and stock level management
• Preparing breakfast, lunch & dinner for family daily; with emphasis on healthy, local and fresh ingredients
• Preparing and cooking for dinner parties
• Running errands and carrying out special requests as needed
• Strong command of English language
• Excellent references required from both current and previous employers
• Minimum 5+ years related experience working in for a private home or family
• Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; above and beyond attitude with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Must be proactive with the needs of the house and principal
• Confident cook that is flexible with principal’s schedule and needs
• Comfortable with all aspect of elder care including, assistance with bathing, shopping, hygiene, schedule, etc.
• Ability and willingness to maintain care 24/7 as requested by the principal and family
• Valid Driver’s License and own car required
• Authorized to work within the United States
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?