Job: Full-Time House Manager/Family Assistant in Chicago, Chicago, IL
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Full-Time House Manager/Family Assistant in Chicago
Chicago, IL 60657 United States
$60K+/year (gross), negotiable depending on experience & hours. Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays.
Seeking full-time house-manager who can balance personal assistant tasks for divorced principal with caring for two elementary-aged children with multiple weekly activities when they are present in the home (several days per week).
Hours: 45-50 hrs/week (negotiable). Must be available 7:00-8:00 a.m. and 2:30-7:00 p.m. on approx. 3 days/week when the children are in the home. The schedule for the remaining hours is mainly within house-manager's control, but some flexibility is required.
Location: Chicago, IL (Lakeview neighborhood).
Other: Position requires supervision/transportation of children. Driving is required (must have clean record); car provided. Must pass a background check and be willing to pay taxes.
Seeking a career professional for a long-term position. House-manager must have strong work ethic and be capable of high-order household management/personal assistant responsibilities.
• Prompt, dependable, reliable, and able to maintain discretion.
• Must be active, flexible, and able to keep up with a busy family.
• Smart, organized; detail-oriented; adept with logistics/multi-tasking; and able to handle last-minute changes.
• Proactive; takes initiative; capable of anticipating needs without explicit direction; a can-do attitude.
• Excellent communication and up-to-date word processing, Excel, and technology/internet skills are a must.
• Must have rapport with children. Several days per week, the house-manager will be responsible for transportation to/from school, activities, and appointments; preparing meals/snacks; overseeing homework; organizing children’s belongings for school/activities; running errands for/with children.
• Household management responsibilities include communication with principal; creating and maintaining computer/paper files; upkeep and organization of household; light housekeeping; procuring/overseeing vendors & service providers; managing household schedules/calendars; some meal preparation for family; grocery/supply shopping; family laundry; dry cleaning; vehicle maintenance; other misc. errands & household tasks as directed; etc.
• Applicant should be very proactive and able to see what needs to be done without being asked. Must be willing to take on additional household, personal assistant, and child-related tasks as requested.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?