Competitive pay plus medical, dental, vision, 401k, FSA, vacation and sick pay.
We are looking for a very special couple! This is a dream job, taking care of a gorgeous property in Southern California. We are looking to hire an experienced domestic couple to oversee the care of large estate in Rancho Santa Fe, California. This couple will be responsible for maintaining the estate owner’s home, pool, barn and adjoining landscaping. One person would perform the role of building and grounds maintenance, general handyman work and concierge services; the other person would do housekeeping and cooking for the family, when at the estate. The couple would need to keep the buildings and ground in impeccable conditions. Other duties may include grocery shopping, running errands, airport pick up/drop off, chauffeuring, serving food and beverages.
Building and grounds maintenance duties:
• Grounds management – Oversee all aspects of landscaping, tree care, and irrigation. Inventory and purchasing for all grounds care related supplies. Inventory and purchasing for all grounds care related supplies. Utilize sub-contractors when needed.
• Facilities Management – Care and daily operation of main house, garages, barn and guest house. Oversee all systems including electrical/generator, HVAC, security, plumping, all lighting (museum quality), entertainment and internet. Clean and attend to fireplaces, exterior of house and windows, and hardscapes; garbage and recycling. Coordinate with partner to schedule and meet with vendors and service persons as needed.
• Care for automobiles- Schedule maintenance, clean and wax, fueling, DEQ and DMV matters.
• Special events- Set up and prepare for special parties and events at property. Coordinate with crews (i.e lighting, tents, furniture). Provide assistance with parking and greet guests. Bartend and serve as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
Housekeeping and cooking duties:
• Maintaining the cleanliness of entire home (kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, living rooms, etc.)
• Maintain neat and orderly public spaces
• Dust and vacuum as needed
• Sweep and mop the floors as needed
• Sort and launder sheets, towels and clothing, collect and process dry cleaning delivery
• Discuss dinner preparations with estate owner
• Prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Order supplies as needed including grocery lists, shopping, etc.
• Prepare snacks drinks as requested
• Answer phone and door, take messages and process deliveries
Experience, training, skills required:
• A minimum of 3 years’ related experience
• Ability to live in the house full-time
• Be responsible, reliable, trustworthy, caring and well presented
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Be organized, a multi-tasker and detail-oriented