Bedford, NY, Hamptons, Palm Beach, FL
Private Family seeks an experienced, technology-proficient and detail-oriented Estate Manager to oversee the operation, improvements, maintenance and lifestyle enjoyment of their properties and households in Bedford, NY, Southampton, NY and Palm Beach, FL.
The Estate Manager will deliver a comprehensive, reliable and responsive high-end, formal lifestyle experience allowing the family to enjoy their home(s) with no surprises, worry, frustration or distractions. The family expects a 5-star service level. Efficient communications with principals on a regular basis. Ensure each residence is at world-class standards with management of staff and vendors.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Complete oversight of three households; ensuring consistency of standards, procedures and services
• Supervising construction and renovation projects; liaising with architects, designers, outside vendors and contractors
• Managing and protecting a collection of fine art, furniture and antiques
• Maintaining all household calendars; scheduling household services and providing prior notification to principals
• Overseeing hiring, training and supervision of any household staff. Hiring and supervision of staff.
• Acting as point of contact and gatekeeper for principals and family office.
• Overseeing financial management and coordinating/budgeting with Family Office
• Strong technology abilities to control reliable operations of smart homes.
• Planning and executing special dinners and events; experience with upscale and formal service, table settings, floral arrangements and high-end event planning
• Oversee quality and productivity of home services including housekeeping, laundry, bedding, kitchen readiness, outdoors gatherings, etc.
• Organization of family personal items, closets, and daily household items
• Traveling between the residences as needed to ensure readiness, security, maintenance, preparation, etc.
• Handling any special requests, related duties or errands
• Guest liaison and hospitality
• Supervision and improvements of security and protection systems
• A minimum of five years of relevant work experience managing private residences with advanced technologies
• Proper communication with family and office on residence conditions and activities.
• Outstanding references from both current and previous employers
• Adept in managing and supervising household staff, landscapers and vendors
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team plus “hands on” as necessary. No job is too small. Perfection is the normal.
• Demonstrate an understanding of complex technology systems including “smart home”, office and security systems
• Create household operating and resource manuals.
• Facility with creating efficient, effective and flexible processes
• Understands that the utmost in confidentiality and discretion is required
• Strong analytic, communication and management skills
• Flexible scheduling with availability to work overtime and weekends as needed
• Valid driver’s license
• College degree
This full time salary position also includes a full benefits package and the potential to earn a discretionary annual bonus.
Prepared by: Stephen Candland