Job: ESTATE/HOUSE MANAGER, BRENTWOOD, CA
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
BRENTWOOD, CA 90405 United States
Mondays to Fridays as well as a weekend here and there
• Needs to be flexible with start / end hours but usually 10am to 7pm
• Salary Range: Negotiable based on experience
• Fully paid Health and Dental Insurance
• 10 paid vacation days per year and major Holidays
We are looking for an extremely detail oriented, organized and proactive Estate Manager/Chief of Operations for two properties, Brentwood (12,000 sq ft Main Residence) and Malibu. Both houses must always be pristinely organized, presented and staged. The ideal candidate must have a keen eye for details and visual precision to maintain the principal’s aesthetic of the home.
The role is very demanding and requires resiliency, consistency and capacity, as there are many moving variables, specific existing systems that needs to be maintained and constant new facets to manage.
It is a “hit the ground running” position with minimal time for a learning curve so the candidate must have very strong skills all-around (hands-on team management and operations, expertise in training staff, strong organization, administration.) The ideal candidate must quickly learn how the principals think and implement + execute tasks in order to always be 10 steps ahead.
The candidate must have exceptional time management, task prioritization and organization skills in order to efficiently assist with the running of the residences and projects. “No task is too big or small” attitude.
The family is environmentally conscious, recycles, and prefers organic cleaning solutions. The family (3 kids + pets) has an active and informal lifestyle, and values a harmonious team and home.
We are looking for an individual who is happy, calm and able to multi-task with ease. “Grace under pressure.”
• Responsible for the day to day operations of the houses (interior and grounds)
• Daily in depth walk-throughs and creation of detailed checklists with a system to keep the principals abreast of everything house related.
• Managing a team of 6-10 employees including supervision via walk-throughs, ongoing training, and ensuring that the team is happy to come to work.
• Strong administration and HR skills including time sheet calculations, payroll management, time and sick day tracking, creating budgets, bill paying, bookkeeping.
• Ensuring that all areas of the houses are properly organized, stocked and presented.
• Clothes and closet management. Must make sure that the team takes meticulous care of laundry including stain management, pressing, and dry cleaning. The principals’ closets must be kept exactly as directed.
• Additionally, the individual will have experience and knowledge of home construction management and completion.
• Working closely with the principals to learn the systems that currently exist and create new systems where needed.
• Catering to and anticipating all of the family’s needs. Assist with family travel preparation including making sure that hotels, planes, vacations homes, etc. are stocked with family needs and their preferences are implemented.
• Creating an extensive App or web-based House Manual including video tutorials, photos and checklists
• Vendor Management including sourcing, negotiations and payments.
• Ad hoc projects with a “no job too big, no job too small” attitude.
• Must bring to interview samples of past checklists, scheduling / work flow charts, budgets, etc.
• Be able to follow and maintain systems already in place and create new systems
• Detail oriented self-starter with the ability to anticipate needs/changes and propose/execute solutions. Must not be five steps ahead but five miles ahead
• Must be proactive, creative, flexible, resourceful, engaged and with a quick-thinking problem solving and fast-paced approach.
• A strong work ethic, with a nothing is too small or too big attitude
• Tech savvy, Mac Proficient and solid knowledge of Excel and QuickBooks
• Ability to maintain the highest standard of confidentiality
• Comfortable and experienced in managing multiple tasks and projects independently with minimal supervision
• Must be able to change directions at any moment with the end goals of always meeting and anticipating the family’s needs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proficient in Apple Platforms
• Ability to maintain existing systems as well as create and implement new systems
• High-level communication and interpersonal skills; meticulous sense of organization and attention to detail; excellent follow-through and follow-up skills
• Business background a plus, College degree a must
• Experience coordinating private plane and boat charters
• Perfume / Scent Free household
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?