Job: Live-Out Housekeeper, NY, NY
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
NY, NY 99999 United States
Salary: $30 per hour plus overtime; potential annual performance-based bonus
Benefits: Potential for full non-contributory benefits; 2 weeks paid vacation
Private family seeks an energetic, polished, and experienced Live-In Housekeeper to help manage their secondary New York City residence. This position consists of 5 days per week Monday to Friday, roughly an eight-hour day. While the family is in residence, the candidate must be overridingly flexible, willing to work additional hours and weekends as needed. Responsibilities will also include some household management tasks such as organizing, shopping, and overseeing vendors. This position is Live-In, thus private accommodations will be provided.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• All aspects of general housekeeping and deep cleaning of residence on a full time schedule
• Ability to perform museum-quality deep cleaning with proficiency in special surfaces (wood, glass, leather, antiques, silver, etc.)
• Willingness to run routine errands such as doing laundry, dry cleaner, groceries etc.
• Overseeing household maintenance and repairs
• Procurement of household supplies and groceries
• Laundry duties inclusive of ironing, organization, changing sheets and towels as needed, etc.
• Management and organization of all closets, pantries, and storage areas
• Additional Housekeeping duties as needed and requested
• Strong command of English language; outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent references required from both current and previous employers
• Minimum 5 - 7+ years related experience working in a housekeeping role for a private formal family, where the utmost confidentiality and discretion are required at all times
• Thorough knowledge of deep household cleaning, laundry, ironing and storage organization
• Energetic and positive attitude; outgoing and hands-on where no task is too big or too small
• Flexibility in scheduling with willingness to work extended hours upon request
• Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities
• Pro-active self-starter who is adaptable within the role, punctual, reliable, discrete, courteous and incredibly polite
• Comfortable working around pets
• Legally able to work in the United States
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?