Job: Domestic Couple, Live-In, New York, NY
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Domestic Couple, Live-In
New York, NY 11968 United States
DC-36 : Hire Society
All salary offers are Dependent Upon Experience, References, and the results of Federal Background Report, Potential for discretionary bonus
Full non-contributory benefits package, effective after 90 days of employment + housing
Private family seeks an experienced and “take-charge” Live-In Full Time Domestic Couple on a 5-day Flex schedule to provide cleaning and care for the interior and exterior of their Manhattan penthouse apartment and their Southampton Estate. The exact hours and days will fluxuate according to the family’s schedule and the couple will be required to travel to the Southampton Estate during the summer and on weekends during the fall. A private studio apartment will be provided in the same building as the family’s penthouse. Accommodations will also be provided in the Southampton home.
The family dynamic consists of Mr. and Mrs., six young-adult children ages 19 through 27 and two school aged children as well as a Labrador. The Couple must be able to work as part of a team and interact with various other household staff, both working side by side but also directing other staff as necessary. Managing seasonal and part-time housekeepers when the family is in-residence will be required. Cooking for the family and occasional guests is required. While there are nannies to assist with the family’s younger two children, willingness to assist with childcare is required.
The ideal candidates are driven, motivated and self-starting. All housekeeping duties will be assumed, with a “no task to big or too small” attitude.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• General housekeeping, upkeep of residence and organization throughout the home on a full time basis
• Procurement of household supplies, including grocery shopping, running family errands, etc.
• Laundry and ironing duties; superb knowledge of sheet press, ironing, etc.
• Providing constant attention to the bathrooms, bedrooms and kitchen; ensuring in clean and immaculate condition at all times
• Ability to perform museum-quality cleaning with proficiency in special surfaces (wood, glass, leather, furniture, antiques, silver, brass, etc.)
• Ability to craft and implement a cleaning amnd maintenance schedule throughout the home
• Scheduling and overseeing vendors as necessary
• Event planning and project management
• Comfortable working with small children
• Pet-friendly environment, the family has 1 dog that will require care from staff members
• Cooking skills a PLUS but not required
• Any and all duties and responsibilities related to the Head Housekeeper as needed and upon request
• Strong command of English language; excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent references required from both current and previous employers; longevity ideal
• Minimum 3 - 7+ years related experience working in a private home in a similar role or position
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; able to work with and oversee additional Housekeeping staff
• Knowledge and experience with formal food service REQUIRED; one partner must have strong culinary skills
• Hands-on interior and exterior maintenance and overseeing vendors and contractors as needed
• Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; over-achieving attitude
• Driving principals, children and guests locally and to airports in the area
• Proficiency in both Mac and PC operating systems, familiarity with the use of smart home systems
• Flexibility in scheduling; willingness to work long hours and over time as needed
• Willing and able to work in a home with children and pets; moderate pet care of a Labrador is required when family is in-residence
• Valid Driver’s License; clean driving record with zero points on license. No car necessary, a vehicle will be provided for use
• Valid Passport; willing and able to travel with the family to their secondary residence a major PLUS – overriding flexibility with scheduling; willing to work long hours and overtime as needed/upon request
• Legally able to work in the United States for any employer
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?