A private family in Paradise Valley seeks a professional and experienced Houseman / Cook. The ideal candidate will be required to work in tandem with a Part-Time Housekeeper and take direction from the Personal Assistant to ensure the residence and vehicles are well-maintained at all times. The Houseman will also assist with housekeeping duties and running errands. With this in mind, the ideal candidate must be able to not only work independently but also in a seamless partnership with other household staff. He should be dependable, productive, detail-oriented, and service driven.
This is a full-time position. The salary is generous but DOE. A benefits package and the potential to earn a discretionary annual bonus are also included.
- Opening and closing the residence each day (i.e. locks, lights, etc.)
- Coordinating day-to-day activities as well as local travel details with the executive and family offices
- Assisting the principals in getting ready each morning (preparing clothing, shining shoes, etc.)
- Overseeing all wardrobe maintenance
- Packing and unpacking the principals’ clothing before and after travel
- Ensuring the property and vehicles are guest ready at all times
- Greeting guests, preparing rooms for visits, and addressing any needs while on site
- Assisting in the general cleaning and maintenance as well as the seasonal deep cleaning of the property
- Performing a variety of tasks as assigned by the Personal Assistant i.e. assisting with AV, electrical, HVAC, and mechanical systems
- Taking the initiative to report all maintenance issues, etc. to the Personal Assistant
- Supervising vendors
- Training additional household staff
- Procuring food as well as cooking simple lunches and dinners for two to three people
- Providing formal and informal table service
- Assisting with parties / events (serving, cleaning, moving furniture, etc.)
- Taking care of fine china, silver, crystal, antiques, and artwork
- Maintaining wine cellar stock
- Ordering and purchasing groceries / supplies from appropriate stores
- Coordinating the stocking of the plane, motor-home, boat, etc.
- Running errands and driving the principals as needed
- Ensuring easy transitions between dual residences
- Traveling occasionally for work at the secondary residence in Laguna Beach, CA.
- 4-year degree from accredited college or university preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience in private formal homes
- Outstanding verifiable references from both current and previous employers
- Superior process, project, and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills; Spanish bi-lingual preferred
- Excellent computer / technological skills
- Understanding of complex physical house systems (lighting, heating and cooling, security) including “smart home” systems i.e. Crestron
- Clean driving record
- Eligible to work in the US