Job: Private Chef, Paradise Valley, AZ
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253 United States
Generous salary DOE, complete benefits package and potential discretionary bonus.
A private family in Paradise Valley seeks a full-time chef with broad culinary experience for two adult principals and occasionally, two adult children. The hours are noon to end of dinner, Monday through Friday. However, a flexible schedule is crucial as some holidays and weekends are required for dinner parties and / or special events. In addition, infrequent travel to their secondary residence in Laguna Beach, CA may be necessary.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of the kitchen
• Set the table, serve food properly, and clean up afterwards
• Perform all grocery shopping and pantry stocking (including beverages)
• Create weekly menus with fresh, seasonal, farm-to-table cuisine
• Prep all food items without assistance
• Prepare daily lunches, snacks and dinner for the family
• Allow for flexibility in cooking different dishes for multiple family members during the same meal
• Have a thorough knowledge of a large variety of cuisines
• Cook with correct measurements and ingredients according to specified dietaries
• Coordinate and prepare food for dinner parties and / or special events of all sizes
• Advance prep lunch and dinner for Saturdays and Sundays i.e. cook meals on Fridays and include instructions for re-heating / preparation over the weekend
- 4-year degree from accredited college or university preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience in private formal homes
- Outstanding verifiable references from both current and previous employers
- Superior process, project, and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills; Spanish bi-lingual preferred
- Excellent computer / technological skills
- Understanding of complex physical house systems (lighting, heating and cooling, security) including “smart home” systems i.e. Crestron
- Clean driving record
- Eligible to work in the US
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?