Job (this posting is now closed/inactive)
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
House Manager (ID#17614)
Toronto, Ontario M5A1M3 Canada
Commensurate with experience.
Seeking an experienced House Manager for semi-formal family, to be based in Toronto. Previous experience in a semi-formal residence is required. The successful applicant will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the interior and exterior of the residence. This position is full-time year-round, live-in Monday to Friday. Applicants should be flexible with schedules (occasional weekends) and light travel as required.
• Greeting of guests and visitors, answering telephone and taking messages
• Scheduling and supervising of trades and vendors – organising servicing etc.
• Regular errands to include but not limited to grocery shopping, dry cleaning, receiving and sending of packages, general mail and correspondence
• Calendar management for social, family and travel itineraries – booking cars etc.
• Management of household inventories and implementing new organizational strategies
• Occasional chauffeur duties as needed – cleaning and general care of SUV car
• Cooking and serving of all meals when the principal is in residence 6 months of the year (healthy/organic lifestyle recipes)
• Care of 2 dogs
• Supervising part-time cleaner and weekend staff - assisting with Housekeeping duties as required
• Maintaining catalogue for household antiques – care of antiques
• Care of all household finances – paying of bills, staff, credit cards etc., checking balances
• Assisting with pool maintenance (skimming the pool) and garden care (watering)
• Compiling weekly banking reports and house news for Principal
• Working with family office and other residence (U.K.) to liaise on Principals needs
• Care of overnight guests
• Planning and executing occasional dinner parties
• Must possess excellent time management skills, be punctual, courteous, possess keen attention to detail and follow through on all projects assigned
• Computer literate; knowledgeable and experienced with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Must be self-starter with good time management
• Good working knowledge of household mechanical systems– HVAC etc.
• Must maintain privacy and confidentiality at all times, exercising diplomacy, discretion and respecting appropriate boundaries
• Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license (class G) with a clean driving record
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada