Job: PROPERTY/ ESTATE MANAGER, New York City, NY
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
PROPERTY/ ESTATE MANAGER
New York City, NY 10022 United States
$150 000 - $ 160 000/per year
We are looking for a PROPERTY MANAGER for the townhouse and Hamptons Estate of a prominent family in Manhattan.
Live-out position 5 days a week, about 8 - 10 hrs per day.
Employee is required to travel to the other estates of the family and mostly to Southampton during the Summer.
This position is for a hardworking candidate with a "can-do" attitude.
- Manage all functions and systems of the properties
- Interact and manage any vendors related to the function of the house i.e. electricians, HVAC, and other contractors
- Handle property taxes, lieses, etc.; Manage petty cash for the property and send month reports and receipts to employer
- Perform routine inspections of the property to check for maintenance and system problems
- Arrange for general repairs when needed
- Lock/open property at the beginning and end of each day or as directed by Principals or VP
- Oversee routine and scheduled upkeep of property including but not limited to: painting, garbage removal, outdoor cleaning, landscapers, housekeeping, and other house systems
- Respond to emergency calls
- Assist with special events and dinner parties
- Act as butler if needed
The candidate would ideally have a background and/or knowledge of vendor and employees management, petty cash management, travel arrangements and bookings; Management of busy business and social calendar; occasional arrangement of formal dinner parties; procuring luxury items and other activities pertinent to this type of position.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years experience doing similar work
- College preferred but will consider candidates solely based on related experience level
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills. Strong follow-up skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm and composed during demanding periods -- "thick skinned" personality with a real sense of urgency
- Proactive, motivated and "can do" attitude
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Committed, mature and hard-working
- Heavy lifting when necessary
- Valid Driver's License
- Comfortable working in a home that includes three children and at least 4 other people in staff
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?