Job Seeker Info
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
(Login to view employer)
Live-out Caretaker-House Manager
Lake Geneva, WI 53147 United States
Lakefront property in Lake Geneva, WI is in need of a year round live-out caretaker/house manager. The property consists of two houses and a variety of recreational vehicles including boats. There is also significant landscaping and weather proofing. The ideal candidate should have experience working for a private estate and is comfortable both in and outside of the home. Experience in Wisconsin or Illinois also a plus.
The caretaker would be expected to work closely with the family staff in New York. The culture in this family office is team-oriented with an emphasis on humor and flexibility to stay grounded when things get busy. This team likes to have fun while providing their family with the best possible service available.
Larger projects will be managed from the New York office such as interior design and construction plans. However, the caretaker will be asked to oversee locally and for his/her opinion. Candidate should be knowledgeable about all things related to running a large home/property.
The home is mostly used in the summer and during those months, this person is expected to be available 24/7. They will be asked to perform duties such as grocery shopping, managing housekeeping staff and other projects as requested by the family.
This position is perfect for someone who is looking to make the transition from a large primary residence to more of a vacation home. This person should be able to self manage and have the ability to see the big picture of the family’s vision for this property.
• Prior experience working for a large estate or high net worth family.
• Understands what it means to work for an organization with strict standards and procedures.
• Knowledge of mechanical systems within homes, HVAC, irrigation, electrical and plumbing.
• Attention to detail!! (The standards set forth by the main office are detailed and plentiful. The caretaker will be expected to know them all.)
• Has knowledge of care regarding fine art and furniture.
• Flexible and willing to step in whenever necessary.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Computer literate – MS Word, Excel, Email, Internet and Adobe Acrobat (know how to scan to pdf).
• Experience using a smart phone.
• Experience managing vendors and staff.
• Sense of humor.
• Warm personality and easily works with anyone.
• College degree preferred.
• Legal to work in the United States, valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• All candidates will be required to pass a detailed background check that includes, driving, criminal, credit and other possible red flags.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work side by side with members of the New York office to ensure all needs are being met.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the property and buildings to include:
o Landscaping – manage vendors and perform light gardening
o Mechanical maintenance – manage vendors, but be able to fix smaller problems.
o Car and recreational vehicle maintenance.
o Boat maintenance
o Maintaining the tools and equipment.
o Moving furniture.
• Hiring, training and overseeing housekeeping staff.
o Oversee the housekeeping staff closely.
o Will be expected to know exactly how the home should be set up at all times.
• Keeping detailed inventory of household supplies, pantry items and maintenance items.
• Maintain artwork and collectibles in the homes.
• Treat all antiques and family heirlooms with extreme caution. Always making sure to protect all items in the home when doing work around them.
• Maintain detailed maintenance and activities logs.
• Keep organized and detailed files for ongoing projects at the property.
• Work with accounting staff in New York on projects and purchasing.
Education, training, experience:
Copyright 2011, EstateJobs.com - all rights reserved.