Skip to content
Domestic employment job listings for staffing top private households
The #1 Private Service Job Site
Job: Private Chef, Alpine, NJ, Southampton & NYC, NJ
(Login to view employer)
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Alpine, NJ, Southampton & NYC, NJ 07620 United States
C-56 : Hire Society
DOE; potential for a discretionary, performance-based bonus
All salaries are Dependent On Experience, References, and all candidates must be comfortable with making themselves available for a Federal Background Check.
Full non-contributory benefits, three weeks paid vacation, 401k
Private New Jersey family seeks a flexible and laid-back Private Chef to plan weekly menus, prep and cook for special events and manage all kitchen operations in tandem with another chef.
The candidate will be working on a rotating schedule, as there is a second Chef who works the opposite days. Typically, week one’s schedule is Friday through Tuesday and week two is Wednesday and Thursday with overriding flexibility for events and busy weeks. This position requires willingness to Live-In in their Southampton, NY residence May-September, and work between their primary Alpine, NJ residence and Manhattan townhouse the rest of the year with occasional domestic travel outside of the tri-state area.
The ideal candidate should have familiarity with the Hamptons area and local farm stands as the family eats healthy, organic meals prepared with fresh, local ingredients. While working in Southampton, accommodations will be provided, however, once the position transitions to New York City and New Jersey, the candidate will be required to commute to work from his/her own private residence. The candidate should feel comfortable preparing healthy, yet child and family-friendly meals for the lady and gentleman of the residence and their four active teenage boys.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Creating fresh seasonal, farm-to-table cuisine on a five-day basis, in cooperation with the family’s year-round Private Chef
• Flexibility to cook multiple dishes for different family members in the same meal
• Cooking and preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner when entire family is in-residence
• Advanced prepping of breakfast and lunch for children the days when the candidate is not in-residence
• Providing coverage for the entire culinary experience from shopping/procuring supplies, to prepping, cooking and plating to assisting with service, clearing and clean up when and if the butler and housekeeper need additional help
• Working seamlessly alongside a large domestic staff as well as an additional chef to ensure coverage is provided at all times
• Degree from accredited culinary school a STRONG PLUS
• Excellent references required from both current and previous employers; strong longevity in previous roles preferred
• Minimum 5 - 7+ years related experience working in a private home as a Private Chef
• Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; outstanding in multi-task management
• MUST be extremely well-versed in organic and health conscious cooking and meal preparation
• Flexibility to prepare meals for principals, children and added guests on short notice is required
• Active and agile; able to seamlessly move about an expansive residence and kitchen with ease
• Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record; willing and able to drive him/herself to work daily; MUST have access to personal vehicle
• Valid Passport required; willing and able to travel as needed
• Legally able to work in the United States for any employer
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?