Skip to content
Domestic employment job listings for staffing top private households
The #1 Private Service Job Site
Job: Chef/Light Housekeeping: Live-Out (w/local housing to be provided), Long Island, NY
(Login to view employer)
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Chef/Light Housekeeping: Live-Out (w/local housing to be provided)
Long Island, NY 11050 United States
Private Long Island based family seeks a Full-Time, Year-Round, seeks trained chef to prepare and serve meals for the principals and their 3 children (teen/young adult), and maintain their 5,000 square foot home and prepare. This position consists of a 5-day schedule, Wednesday through Sunday, with flexibility to adjust schedule upon special request.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works at a quick pace. The family is casual and friendly but the candidate must be able to respect boundaries.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing breakfast, lunch & dinner for family, daily; with emphasis on healthy, fresh locally sourced ingredients
• Running errands and carrying out special requests as needed
• Light cleaning/tidying up on days housekeeper is not there
• Maintaining residence for guest readiness at all times
• Laundry services and dry cleaning management as needed
• Procuring household supplies; including grocery shopping and stock level management
• Oversee the general organization of house and coordination of vendors as needed
• Strong command of English language
• Excellent references required from both current and previous employers
• Minimum 5+ years related experience working in for a private home or family
• Trained, confident cook that is flexible with principal’s schedule and needs.
• Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; above and beyond attitude with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to anticipate the household’s needs and act independently to meet them
• Professional, intelligent, and highly proactive, but also friendly, non-obtrusive, and discrete.
• Comfortable working around pets
• Willingness to travel with family to homes in Florida and Southampton.
• Valid Driver’s License and own car required
• Authorized to work and travel within the United States
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?