Skip to content
Domestic employment job listings for staffing top private households
The #1 Private Service Job Site
Job: Housekeeper / Family Assistant, NYC, UES / Malibu, CA, NY
(Login to view employer)
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Housekeeper / Family Assistant
NYC, UES / Malibu, CA, NY 10001 United States
Hire Society: HK-230
Salary: $70,000-$85,000 per year; plus discretionary performance-based bonus
All salaries are Dependent On Experience, References, and the results of a Federal Background Check
Benefits: Full non-contributory benefits package after 90 days of employment; 2 weeks paid vacation
Private Upper East family seeks an experienced and enthusiastic hands-on Housekeeper / Family Assistant to help run and maintain their NYC and Malibu residences. This position requires all aspects of cleaning of the residence, inclusive of cleaning all surfaces and rooms routinely, laundry and light cooking. The ideal candidate will manage all aspects of the residence’s inventory and maintain guest readiness at all times. Duties will also include various personal assistant tasks such as running errands, driving the children, filling the car with gas, grocery shopping etc.
This position is a full time, 5 day schedule, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM to 4:30PM. The ideal candidate will be flexible to work extended hours and on the weekends upon request. The family routinely spends two months in Malibu each summer and requires that the Housekeeper travel with them. Separate living quarters will be provided for all travel. The ideal candidate will posses a great energy and attitude and be a genuine team player.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Hands-on housekeeping duties including mopping, vacuuming, laundry, dishes, cleaning windows, bathrooms, pressing, making beds, plant care etc.
• Knowledge in care for special surfaces (wood, glass, leather, furniture, antiques, silver, etc.)
• Performing various errands requested by the family including deliveries, groceries and driving children
• Ability to prepare light, healthy, family style meals
• Ensuring the residence is in state of guest readiness at all times
• Managing residential inventory and stocking / ordering supplies when needed
• Assisting with principal’s packing and unpacking in regards to purchases and travel
• Driving children to and from activities – school pick ups and drop offs
• Filling the vehicle with gas and bringing to be washed as needed
• Responsible for all organization of the home, closets, and travel
• Minimum of 5 - 7+ years related professional experience housekeeping
• Strong command of the English language
• Extensive housekeeping and laundry experience, including knowledge of how to safely clean various surfaces
• Understand the importance of utilizing discretion and confidentiality in the workplace
• Ability to work as a part of the team alongside other domestic staff
• Ability to liaise with vendors in coordinating in home services
• Able to multi-task and work in fast paced environments with energetic and positive, “can do” attitude
• Willing and able to assist in various personal assistant duties, errands, driving children, etc.
• Proficiency in MAC and PC systems
• Able to prepare healthy family style meals
• Valid Passport holder and ability to travel 2-3 months out of the year
• Valid Driver’s License; confident driver with zero points on license
• Legally able to work in the United States for any employer
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?