Skip to content
Domestic employment job listings for staffing top private households
The #1 Private Service Job Site
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
(Login to view employer)
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Administrative Assistant to Office of the CEO
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 United States
$21-26/hour DOE & full benefits package
Brilliant and dynamic CEO and his Executive Assistant of a multi-national company with 1700 employees worldwide headquartered in Thousand Oaks is seeking a highly energetic/team-player Administrative Assistant to round out their office. Position is 50% corporate/50% personal, 75% in-office/25% out-of-office. 3-5 years’ experience in similar role. Ideal candidate should live no more than a 30-minute commute from Thousand Oaks. Monday-Friday 8:30-5:30. 40 hours per week. Competitive compensation package. IMMEDIATE HIRE.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant II, Executive Office
Department: Executive Office
Reports To: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Position(s) supervised by this position (if any): Executive to the CEO
Classification (non-exempt or exempt): Non-Exempt
Provides administrative and personal support for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Executive Assistant to the CEO, including coordination of meetings and travel, running business and personal errands, filing company expense reports and reimbursements. Answers non-routine calls and correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive company and inter-personal information. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a demanding and diversified workload and maintain the highest degree of professionalism and ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Providing internal and external assistance whenever needed
• Creating and maintaining appointments and updating schedule and calendar for CEO when needed as backup to the EA
• Coordinating appointments and arranging details for appointments
• Providing support for presentation and research materials using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop and other tools
• Coordinating details of travel including flight, hotel and car service arrangements in conjunction with the EA as needed
• Maintaining confidential organizational and departmental files
• Providing light support for the Executive Assistants to the COO and CFO, as needed
• Preparation of expense reports for the CEO, COO, Executive Assistants and coordinating approval of expense reports for global direct reports
• Processing reimbursements and check requests through coordination with Finance Accounts Payable procedures
• Composing correspondence to routine issues on own initiative
• Running Personal and Business errands for the CEO
• Receive and screen telephone calls for the CEO, COO, and Executive Assistants as needed
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinating Company raffles and miscellaneous items
• Providing administrative support and back up for the Executive Assistants to the CEO, CFO, and/or COO in their absence
• Planning special events
• Maintaining office and kitchen supplies and general organization of Executive Area
• Coordinating and maintaining the Global Company Calendar
• Filing, organizing, copying, scanning, etc.
• Performing personal tasks as assigned
• Coordinating tasks as assigned by CEO’s spouse
• Coordinating vendors and projects at both of the CEO’s residential properties
• Paying and tracking CEO’s personal bills and expenses
• Updating and distributing the Executive Support Contact List to the Executive Assistant Team
• Coordinating EA group luncheons, as needed
• Managing and picking up personal mail for the CEO
• Maintaining multiple spreadsheets and lists including but not limited to anniversaries, contact information, personal and business gift logs, CEO’s personal Christmas card distribution list, party invite lists etc.
• Tracking both important business and personal birthdays and coordinating gifts as necessary
• Coordinating correspondence or projects as necessary for the CEO’s teen children
• Processing monthly payments for CEO’s corporate car and scheduling and coordinating maintenance as necessary
• Providing support to matters relating to the Board of Directors and Board Meetings as assigned including processing travel reimbursements, updating and formatting documents, generating seating charts and researching holiday gifts
• Securing the Executive Office by locking all offices and supply/file room doors before leaving at the end of the business day
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
Include, but not limited to, the following:
• Previous experience as an Administrative or Executive Assistant
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Must have a reliable vehicle for shopping and running errands, sometimes located as far as Los Angeles or Santa Barbara
• Previous experience working in a fast paced, time sensitive, highly confidential environment where there are continually changing priorities
• Strong computer skills including all Microsoft products with particular strength in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop and web functions
• Must be comfortable around dogs since the family has a dog at the house.
LANGUAGE, ANALYTICAL SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Include but are not limited to:
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to be persistent and assertive without offending as well as possessing effective follow through skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work professionally under pressure with high stress threshold
• Must possess superior customer service skills, high degree of professionalism and keen ability to maintain confidentiality (a confidentiality agreement must be signed)
• Must possess extreme attention to detail
• Must exercise frequent, independent, sound judgment based on knowledge of company's culture, organization, policies, procedures, practices and personnel
• Must possess the ability to respond quickly and efficiently to continually changing priorities and handle personal contact with diplomacy and sensitivity
• Must be highly organized and able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret concepts, documents, etc.
• Reasoning/problem solving ability
• Multi-tasking ability and flexibility to withstand interruptions
• Ability to prepare and manage special projects as assigned
• Effective internal/external customer and staff communication
• Ability to effectively manage vendor and consulting relationships
Include but are not limited to:
• Carrying, standing, pulling, pushing, lifting (5-10 pounds), climbing, twisting, reaching, sitting, walking, squatting
• Hearing, listening, writing, typing and speaking
• Operation of computer, copier and other essential office equipment
• Sustained concentration using a computer screen
• Ability to ignore ambient noise, carry on conversations with internal/external customers in a high activity, noisy environment
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within this position description are representative of the education, skills, experience and qualifications required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to more readily perform the essential functions.
For immediate consideration, please email your updated resume in Word (not pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see above.