Skip to content
Domestic employment job listings for staffing top private households
The #1 Private Service Job Site
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
(Login to view employer)
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
State College, PA 16803 United States
Excellent salary commensurate with experience and benefits available.
Great opportunity for right candidate. Excellent compensation – live onsite or live offsite. Seeking a proactive, responsible, organized and detail-oriented professional to assist with the service, coordination, management, and maintenance of private residence in State College, PA. The position is full-time, with live-in potential, and the candidate should expect to work on average, 5 1/2 days per week. Occasionally up to 7 days a week is needed. However, the candidate will receive significant compensating time off and more around the employer’s busy travel schedule. The ideal candidate will thrive in an unstructured environment on his / her own as well as with others.
This individual will organize all aspects of the employer’s daily house life. Having a keen eye is important to preserve the aesthetic of the residence, fine furnishings and care for fine clothing. This individual will be a motivated self-starter and who is hard working, smart, organized and prepared to make a difference. The candidate must have excellent time management and task prioritization skills in order to efficiently assist with the running of the residence.
Responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrating a hands-on approach to daily house maintenance
• Ensuring the residence is in pristine readiness condition at all times
• Packing and unpacking for the principals trips with a checklist to ensure all items are packed and replenished to be ready for next trip
• Meticulous attention to food purchases as specified by the employer
• Provide formal and informal cooking services or assisting the chef
• Ensuring the proper care fine clothing / wardrobe and furnishings
• Additional Butler responsibilities as requested by the principal
• Overseeing grounds and exterior of the estate
• Shopping for supplies / groceries
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal as well as computer proficiency
• 5 + years related experience working in a similar role for a private estate or family preferred
• Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; above and beyond attitude
• Polished, poised, and professional; strong time management skills and task prioritization
• Incredibly hands-on approach to household management
• Comfortable and confident working fast-paced environment where the discretion and confidentiality are required
• Willing to ask questions and receive guidance when needed
• Exceptional eye for detail and organizational skills