Skip to content
Domestic employment job listings for staffing top private households
The #1 Private Service Job Site
Job: Domestic Couple, Live-In, UES, NYC, Nantucket, NY
(Login to view employer)
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Domestic Couple, Live-In
UES, NYC, Nantucket, NY 99999 United States
DC-28 : Hire Society
$100,000-$175,000 per year; plus potential for annual discretionary bonus;
Full, non-contributory benefits package, effective after 90 days
Prominent Upper East Side couple seeks an experienced, highly organized, and thorough Domestic Couple to oversee, manage, and maintain their dual-floor residence. This position is live-in full-time 7 days a week. The workweek is Monday- Friday with flexibility to work on weekends when needed and requested. The schedule is Monday – Thursday: 7:00am-10:00pm and Friday: 7:00am-4:00pm. During the summer, the position would consist of one month of full-time care in the couple’s secondary residence in Nantucket, where the couple would likely need to work days inclusive of weekends while there.
The couple will serve as all around gatekeepers to the principals ensuring all aspects of the home are adequately operating at all times. The role entails housekeeping, laundry, cooking, serving, cleaning, and managing and overseeing construction, vendors and maintenance repairs. The ideal candidate must have experience cooking healthy, informal and formal breakfasts, lunches and dinners as well as serving formally and informally and bartending, as the client’s often host dinner parties for up to 12 people. There is a dog in residence and as such, the couple must be willing to work with and care for pets as needed. The couple will have a strong desire to be hands-on in residence, understanding when to be present and when to work more behind the scenes.
Exceptional accommodations will be provided, including a separate, unattached one-bedroom apartment on the first floor of the principal’s New York City residence that will act as the couple’s permanent residence year round.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Managing and providing full-time care of the family’s residence
• Museum quality cleaning throughout the home with attention to bedrooms, special surfaces and bathrooms, etc.
• Full laundry duties for the couple including washing, ironing, steaming, closet organization, managing a list of garments that have been sent out for professional service, etc.
• Packing and unpacking clothes for travel
• Preparing fresh, simple and delicious meals daily for the Lady and Gentleman
• Providing formal service and meal preparation upon request for luncheons, dinner parties, etc. including table set-up, floral arrangements, bartending, wine pouring and pairing and guest greeting & socialization
• Personal shopping, running errands, stock procurement and special requests, etc.
• Heavy organization throughout the home including pantries, kitchen, closets, etc.
• Strong cooking and presentation skills with an emphasis on fresh, healthy and simple seasonally-based meals; OK to prepare fare for the clients on a daily basis
• Excellent command of the English language; excellent written and verbal skills
• Minimum 7 – 20+ years related professional experience serving as a Domestic Couple for a private family
• Culinary experience or any certifications are a MAJOR PLUS
• Exceptional organization skills and multitask management; able to undertake both macro as well as micro projects in and around the residence
• Professional mindset and manor; constant use of discretion and confidentiality a must
• Incredibly “hands-on,” – able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong housekeeping experience, including care of antiques and special surfaces, in tandem with the Housekeeper
• Strong laundry abilities including ironing, steaming, closet organization and maintenance, as well as heavy organization, etc.
• Strong property management skills including maintenance, carpentry, handyman/houseman skills and landscaping
• Ability to perform formal and informal food and beverage/bartending service; wine knowledge a plus
• Flexible in scheduling; OK to work both long hours and overtime as needed
• Healthy family style cooking skills; willing and able to cook and prepare food for up to 12 people
• Able to work in a household with pets; one dog in residence
• Willing and able to travel domestically with principals as needed to their secondary residence in Nantucket
• Valid Driver’s License?; confident driver with zero points, one candidate must be willing and able to drive client minimally as needed
• Legally able to work in the United States for any employer
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?