Skip to content
Domestic employment job listings for staffing top private households
The #1 Private Service Job Site
Job: Housekeeper/Stewardess, Miami Beach, FL
(Login to view employer)
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Miami Beach, FL 33139 United States
Private Venetian Islands Residence, seeking a full time, highly experienced Housekeeper, to run the home, like a 5-star hotel. This is a live-out position, with no travel. We offer a competitive salary, with paid vacation and sick days.
The weekly schedule consists of 40 total hours. 32.5 hours will be set hours consisting of Tuesday-Saturday, 1:00pm-7:30pm. The remaining 7.5 hours will be determined on a weekly basis and could include additional hours scheduled on Tuesday to Saturday or hours scheduled to work occasionally on Sunday. This is a full-time position, offering a guaranteed, 40 work hours per week. Should the Principal not require additional hours over the set schedule, 40 hours of work will be paid.
• The Ideal candidate has experience working on private yachts and in private homes. This is a land based position in a private home. You will not be working on a yacht, we just would like for the candidate to have Yachting experience, if possible. The candidate must be comfortable with service and serving the table for lunch or dinner, at times. When the Principals are entertaining guests, you will be asked to set the dining table, and to assist the chef with meal or cocktail service, at times. Cleaning, sanitizing and organizing the kitchen whenever needed, is also required at times, so a knowledge of polishing china, glass, crystal and silver is a must.
The family dynamic consists of a married couple who like to accommodate visitors who are family and friends in a warm and luxurious atmosphere. Holidays are busy, as the extended family is in residence.
Essential Job Duties;
This is a general scope of the basic housekeeping requirements. A daily checklist has been provided to assist you in keeping track of essential tasks. The checklist is a working document that may not include all tasks. Daily communication with the Household Director will be essential in adjusting and prioritizing any daily duties, in order to respond to any changing needs as they apply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
• Ability to perform museum-quality cleaning, with proficiency in special surfaces (wood, glass, Plexiglas, leather, furniture, antiques, silver, bronze, etc.)
• Nightly turndown service
• Wash, laundering, steam-ironing, ironing, and closet organization throughout the residence
• Packing and unpacking clothes for travel
• Maintaining residence for guest readiness, at all times
• Making beds and changing sheets
• Any additional Housekeeper / Laundress responsibilities as needed and per request
• Candidates are required to pass a background check
• Strong command of English language and communication skills
• Excellent references required for previous employers
• Minimum 2 – 5+ years related experience working on private yachts or homes
• Efficient in all areas of work; must be honest, trustworthy, smart and proactive on the job
• Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities
• Energetic and positive attitude; outgoing and hands-on where no task is too big or too small
• Flexibility in scheduling; willingness to work some overtime as needed
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?