Skip to content
Domestic employment job listings for staffing top private households
The #1 Private Service Job Site
Job: House Manager, Denver, CO
(Login to view employer)
IMPORTANT: Only one document attachment is allowed on your application. If employer has requested multiple items, please combine all pages into one document before attaching / uploading.
Denver, CO 80205 United States
40,000 - 50,000 annually, DOE
The House Manager is employed by the Estate Manager and works directly with the owners and the Estate Manager to help plan and execute the overall management of the residence for the estate. The House Manager ensures that a single property belonging to the estate is operating smoothly, anticipates the needs of the owners, and always has their privacy and confidentiality in mind. The House Manager assists with staff training and organizes the duties and schedule of domestic staff. The House Manager will perform service tasks in addition to delegating to other staff. The House Manager is required to fill in for sick or absent staff at a moment’s notice, or regularly support various other full time employees with their daily functions. The House Manager ensures that the operation of the residence meets the service needs of the owners.
This role has following responsibilities:
• security of the owners and the residence,
• may assist or be charged with keeping the household budgets and inventory supplies,
• deputize for other household staff as required, including nannies, drivers, chef, and housekeeper,
• ensure that all functions of the household run smoothly daily, including child care, cooking, housekeeping, pet care, and all other functions required by the household and owners,
• manage the weekday morning routine for breakfast and before-school preparation for three school-aged children,
• schedule and oversee vendors of contracted services,
• assist with household and family security measures,
• oversee family packing and travel preparations,
• understand social etiquette and formal service,
• assist with planning and organizing parties and events in the home,
• may perform care of fine china, silver and crystal,
• oversee and participate in proper table settings and entertainment preparation,
• serve meals and drinks and perform wait services,
• oversee the wine cellar and liquor inventory,
• may serve as personal valet to the household,
• may care for and inventory of owners’ valuables,
• may perform housekeeping duties related to cleaning and maintenance,
• coordinate with other staff as well as with other parts of the employer’s organization as needed,
• organize maintenance of automobiles,
• do personal errands for the owners and the household,
• answer residence phone, receive guests and supervise the reception of visitors, and
• follow established protocols.
The House Manager will work with the Estate Manager to ensure that any necessary changes are made or new service requirements are met.
The House Manager must practice proper social etiquette; therefore, this role requires excellent interpersonal skills and understanding which protocols are necessary. An excellent understanding of the English language, verbal and written, is also essential for communication, and to effectively manage the requirements of the position.
The House Manager must be adaptable to the standards and desires of the owners.
COMPETENCIES FOR HOUSE MANAGER
• Prefer business-related degree from an accredited college or university
• Excellent business skills in areas of finance, technology, planning, and organization
• Prefer personal service experience with private families and/or individuals
• Proper social etiquette and cultural knowledge
• Leadership and motivation skills
• Strong planning and decision-making skills to develop and implement programs
• Good judgment and problem-solving skills
• Independent and team project management
• Up to date on applicable technologies and global communications
• Creative and intuitive thinking and problem solving
• Good driving skills and driving record
• Excellent skills essential for nanny and childcare responsibilities
• Excellent skills essential for household management, including meal preparation skills, housekeeping, pet care, and estate coordination
• Basic valet skills regarding the purchase and care of clothing, footwear, jewelry and sport equipment
• Enthusiastic team player with a positive attitude who works well with others
• Resourceful / able to take the initiative / proactive
• Verifiable references
• U.S. Citizen, proof of permanent residency or valid work authorization
• First Aid and CPR certified
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?