Skip to content
Domestic employment job listings for staffing top private households
The #1 Private Service Job Site
Job: Live-in or out House Manager / Butler, East Setauket, NY
(Login to view employer)
Live-in or out House Manager / Butler
East Setauket, NY 11733 United States
B-18 : Hire Society
$80,000 to $120,000 per year; potential for annual bonus
Non-contributory medical insurance and 2 weeks paid vacation
Private Long Island family seeks an experienced and efficient House Manager / Butler to assist with the daily care and upkeep of their main semi-formal 23,000 square foot residence on 23-acres. The grounds consist of indoor and outdoor tennis courts, baseball and soccer fields, and a pool area. This position consists of a five-day flexible schedule, with some nights and weekends during events. The family entertains approximately once every 4-6 weeks, and will ask that the candidate oversee and assist with service in the evenings on those days.
The candidate will oversee a team of three housekeepers, one nanny, one chef, one personal assistant and a property manager. The candidate will assist with all household correspondence and communication, provisioning, entertaining, coordinating travel and social calendars, and special projects and errands as needed. The ideal candidate will have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a desire of exceed expectations at all times. Although the family does have additional residences and two small pets, minimal to no travel or pet care will be required.
The Live-in accommodations are in a carriage house, which is separate from the main house. The candidate would have a two-bedroom apartment with a full kitchen, living area and dining room.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Overseeing all elements of hospitality, food and beverage service for a semi-formal home; basic formal service and table setting expected
• Maintaining a busy and ever-changing calendar with constant communication and follow-up
• Assisting with planning, set-up, organization and seamless orchestration of small to large-scale events
• Monitoring business expenses, managing all required travel itineraries, coordinating bill pay etc.
• Handling special requests and related duties as needed
• Management and constant upkeep of contact and vendor database and related information
• Facilitating errands, phone correspondence, vendor communication, scheduling etc.
• Strong command of English language; outstanding writing and verbal skills
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year College or University and/or formal Butler training PREFERRED
• Excellent references required from both current and previous employers
• Minimum 7 – 10+ years related experience working as an House Manager / Butler in a private home(s)
• Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; prioritization and efficiency a MUST
• Fast learner with ability to easily grasp and understand new concepts and work well alongside a large team of domestic staff
• Extremely adept in formal and informal food service
• Extremely tech and computer savvy; proficiency in all Mac and PC systems as well as iPhone and Blackberry systems, including but not limited to Office, Internet and email, bill pay, etc.; familiar with SmartHome Integration with specific knowledge of Crestron
• Polished, poised and professional in both mindset and manor; experience working in a semi-formal home where the utmost discretion is performed at all times
• Flexibility in scheduling; willingness to work long hours and overtime, on call 24/7
• Must be willing to work in an environment with children and pets; two school-aged children and one standard poodle
• Valid Drivers License; confident driver with clean driving record and own car
• Valid Passport; willing and able to travel both domestic and abroad as needed
• Legally able to work within the United States
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?